EMDR has been used effectively to help
many people heal after troubling life experiences and trauma. To view SPECT scans by physician Daniel Amen, M.D., showing the calming effect of EMDR on brain function, click here.
EMDR has been acknowledged by the:
- World Health Organization
- American Psychological Association
- American Psychiatric Association
- United States Department of Defense
- United States Department of Veterans Affairs
- Israeli National Council for Mental Health
- United Kingdom Department of Health
- United Kingdom National Institute for Clinical Excellence
- French National Institute of Health and Medical Research
- Northern Ireland Department of Health, Social Services and Public Safety
- Dutch National Steering Committee Guidelines for Mental Health Care
- International Society for Traumatic Stress
* EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing)
For FAQs on EMDR therapy, click here.
For a list of randomized, controlled clinical research studies involving EMDR, click here.